Saturday, November 27, 2010

Off to Mexico!

Greetings! I am leaving for Mexico in a few hours to particitate in actions for the UN Climate Change Conference. My trip will start in Mexico City where I will be taking part in political actions and conferences to ensure the most marginalized members of our society voices are heard during climate negotiations. Here is part of what I am doing: http://pwccc.wordpress.com/2010/10/19/bringing-cochabamba-to-cancun-statement-from-climate-justice-activists/


Then I am taking an international caravan to Cancun where the climate change negotiations are taking place. Along the way we will be meeting with farmers and communities that have been affected by climate change, it will be an exciting aspect of the trip. Along the way I will be able to meet people from all over the world working on food, climate and agriculture justice issues. http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=147383238641587&id=53901240


Finally, I will arrive in Cancun to take part in the UN Conference, side events and  Alternative Global Forum for Life and Environmental and Social Justice organized by Via Campesina. More updates to come! Peace


1 comment: